The Gesell Institute of Child Development Mentoring, Coaching and Consultation Services facilitate improved teacher instruction to promote positive child outcomes. Our evidence based coaching and consultation practices consider current brain research, social emotional learning, and developmentally appropriate practice to design a responsive and relevant program of improvement and implementation at the teacher, classroom and program level.
- Mentoring: Gesell early childhood experts develop relationships with new and veteran teachers to facilitate the essential practices of reflection and planning for professional development. The focus of mentoring services is an individual teacher or a group of teachers.
- Coaching: Gesell early childhood experts work with teachers, programs and/or schools to define goals and improve practice—whether teaching or leadership. The focus of coaching services can be teachers, leaders, classrooms or programs/schools, or some combination of these.
- Consultation Services: Gesell early childhood experts can be contracted to work with program or school leaders to perform essential roles in the reflection and improvement process, including:
- Observation and Feedback of teachers, classrooms or programs
- Recommendations for curriculum
- Accreditation and licensing support
- Child Case Consultation Services